What will the club look like?
The safety of members, guests and staff is our number one priority. We have put careful thought into protective health measures, building design, cleaning and disinfecting and guidelines for use. West Hills has undergone an extensive reopening process and was approved by the WMU Environmental Health and Safety department and the WMU COVID-19 approval board. We have made adjustments within the facility and our guidelines for use (please see member/guest expectations) to ensure everyone’s safety. You should be able to quickly acclimate to the new West Hills design! Health screening—all employees will submit a health screening check before starting their shift.
- Masks must be worn at all times per executive order 2020-175.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch areas.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting after the club closes. Disinfecting spray will be used on workout equipment such as dumbbells, group fitness equipment etc.
- Non-essential workout accessories throughout the facility have been temporarily moved to storage to reduce the number of high touch areas that could be contaminated.
- Custodians will be staffed during open hours.
Tennis and pickleball
Private group instruction and doubles play may resume Saturday, June 16. All other programming will resume Monday, Jan. 18.
- Tennis courts have been prepared per USTA safety guidelines.
- Masks are required while playing tennis per the MDHHS epidemic order.
Designed for social distancing
To prevent congestion and meet social distancing requirements some cardio and fitness equipment has been relocated to different areas of the club. It is a wide-open area with equipment at least 10 feet apart.
The remaining equipment in the fitness center has been spread out for social distancing. In the cardio area, some equipment is not available for use.
Indoor group fitness classes resume Saturday, Jan. 16. Updated schedule is on the website. Virtual classes will not run Jan. 16–31.
- All equipment has been appropriately spaced to allow for social distancing.
- Sign-up will be required through the MyZone App for indoor classes.
- Partition doors will remain open whenever classes are not running simultaneously.
- Designated separate entrance and exit to prevent congestion.
Pilates Reformers are spaced 12 ft apart for individual exercise.
- Tables have been spread out with two chairs at each table.
- The table by the elevator has been removed.
- Converted to personal training studio for vulnerable populations—space was too small for social distancing for Yoga classes.
- Yoga classes will be offered in Studio B.