Classes start May 2 and run 10 weeks.
Classes are limited for proper social distancing and are on a first-come first-serve basis. Masks must be worn at all times. Our reformers are thoroughly cleaned between classes and new hand and foot straps are put on each hour.
All classes are multi-level to accommodate for the smaller class sizes and limited schedule.
What is pilates?
If you want an improved, sleek, toned body with flexibility, agility, and economy of motion, choose Pilates Reformer! West Hills Athletic Club, a Kalamazoo fitness center, offers this safe, sensible exercise system for all fitness levels, ages 14–100. Based on the belief that mental health and physical health are interrelated, Pilates on the Reformer can dramatically transform the way your body looks, feels and performs. We use a variety of specialized equipment to build strength without building excess bulk. Pilates helps prevent future injuries and alleviates chronic ailments. No matter your age or condition, pilates low impact approach will work for you!
THE STORY BEHIND PILATES:
Joseph Pilates brought his technique to the United States in 1925. As a boxer, his method of exercise offered a chance to improve physical performance and recover from injury.
The six principles of Pilates are:
- Centering: Bring physical focus to the core of the body.
- Concentration: Gain maximum value from each movement through total commitment to the exercise.
- Control: Leave no body part to its own devices. Each motion deliberate, directed by the mind.
- Precision: Sustain awareness throughout each movement.
- Breath: Power every exercise with a full breath.
- Flow: The energy of an exercise connects all body parts and moves through the body in an even.
To get started...
Call Carol at (269) 387-0435 or click the link below to set up your free demonstration.